0466 124 303
editor1@rlcnews.com.au

Vancam Lois

Lois and Ray Vancam Lois and Ray Vancam are the longest living residents on the Stamford Estate having moved into their home in Hillview Avenue in 1959. In this interview they recount stories of the primitive conditions on the estate in the early years. L...

Vancams

Vancam Boys Jonathon and Peter at the front of their home in Hillview Avenue in the early 1960s. John Drummond's home on Stud Road is in the background. Vancam Home The home of Ray and Lois Vancam in Hillview Avenue. It was one of the ...

Ward Names

Tirhatuan: Stories behind the Rowville-Lysterfield Ward Names At its meeting on 23 July 1996 Knox City Council decided on the names of the nine new wards that will constitute the city. The three wards covering the Rowville-Lysterfield area will be Tirhatuan...

Water Pollution 1902

Dandenong Water Supply Polluted at Heany Park by Shaggy Dog In extracts below from the Dandenong Advertiser of 25 December 1902 and 22 January 1903 we read about the commotion caused by the failure of the Dandenong Water Supply Trust to prosecute a youth ...

Williams

Williams Children Fred Williams (at rear) with his younger brother and four sisters. Fred came to Lysterfield in the 1920s and was one of the key people in the project to construct the Lysterfield Hall. Alma Williams Alma Williams in costume...
1 19 20 21 22
  • Oct'2021

Digital Newspaper Subscription

Sign up for our Digital Newspaper
Local History
      Sarah Taylor Sarah Taylor (nee Sutton). Sar...
Vancam Boys Jonathon and Peter at the front of their home in Hillview Avenue ...
Williams Children Fred Williams (at rear) with his younger brother and four sis...
Translate this page